[TenTec] all mode ten tec (argonaut V?)

john ferro foxbat426 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 2 15:51:18 EDT 2007

i would like to get an all-mode ten tec. i was thinking about a paragon or
paragon II, delta II (if you can find one) etc. the new ten tec's like the
orion and omni models are a bit out of my reach right now. i have been thing
of buying a used argonaut V, but the 20 watt Max is a bit low for me as i am
into ssb. would it be possible to run the argonaut off a non ten tec amp to
bring up my wattage to the nominal 100 watts of most transceivers. does
anyone run there argo's from an amp? on average, how much power will an amp
put out from the max. 20 watt output of the argo. tia, john