[TenTec] O II and headphones?

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 07:47:42 EDT 2007

Now with all the options the radio already has, is there anyone who has
mastered each possibility or is it like my friend's FT-1000 with 96
buttons and dials and he hasn't used more than a quarter of them in the
several year he has operated the radio?
--

  Gerald,  I don't use but a small fraction of those 96 on a daily basis, and I have successfully run contests with a MK-V since the beginning...  Once you work your way through the manual and get the radio set up the way 'you' like it, there is no need to revisit many of those 96 controls...

  On the O II and headphones: here we go again with a big hoo haaa about a "problem" that just leaves me scratching my head..  My O II works just fine... I have no problem with manually adjusting the audio level when the headphones (old junk 'hi-fi' ones from the days when I still had my hearing) are inserted or removed - takes all of 1 second...

  As far as rerouting the mono speaker into the stereo headphone circuit, I have a comment...  uuhhh, whut?

  Maybe we need to go back to the earth shattering issue of what color is the dot on the front panel....

  denny / k8do