[TenTec] delta 580 on 10 meters?

Kevin Purcell kevinpurcell at pobox.com
Thu Sep 6 20:59:22 EDT 2007

Or even easier when you disconnect the antenna does the noise go
down? When you reconnect it does it go up?

If you can hear the difference then the ambient noise + galactic
noise is higher than the noise figure of the RX. Depending on your
location one or other will dominate.

http://www.vk1od.net/fsm/FSAmbientNoise.htm
http://www.vk1od.net/fsm/FSAmbientNoise.pdf

Another possibility is to listen for a signal leaking out of a
computer or a TV at a multiple of 3579 (7148, 14316, 28632).

Or call CQ on 28300. It's only dead cos everyone is listening.