[TenTec] Omni VII, Antenna tuning, etc.

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sun Sep 9 15:49:09 EDT 2007

> For total automation of the station, should I rely on the internal
> antenna matcher or offload this task to an external automatic matcher?
>
> In other words, should the extra $300 be spent on the internal matcher
> or applied to other, perhaps more appropriate, matching gear?

Is the totally automated station going to remain a 100 watt station, or
will it eventually include a higher powered amplifier? If you start with
an external (to the exciter) auto-tuner with a higher power capability,
then you will be able to add an amplifier without having to buy another
tuner.

DE N6KB