[TenTec] Omni VII Problems

Denton denton at oregontrail.net
Mon Sep 10 00:46:41 EDT 2007

I also have an Omni vii...after calling TT's tech support to affirm that
chassis is common to power supply negative ground I made my own power
connectors...just simple spade lugs...typical for automotive connectors. The
one for the B+ to the rig I reversed the lug..the ring is soldered to the
positive line (no 12 stranded wire) and I opened up the part that normally
is crimped or soldered to the wire slightly to click on the Omni's B+ male
stud. I now have a better dc and higher current capability with lower
voltage drop than oem.
I have used my rig for several months with that little mod...no drift and no
power drop on extended psk or other heavy duty operation.
Power supply is an Astron 35m.