[TenTec] Omni VII, Antenna tuning, etc.

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Wed Sep 12 12:30:30 EDT 2007

> > For what it is worth... I am usually concerned about the
> cost of things.
> > If I have to pay $300.00 for a tuner I am going to get one
> good for 3K

Won't happen, unless you settle for one of the low-end commercial things
that brag about high power but are basically designed to be fusable links
(e.g., melt under extended high power usage).  One of those things -- and
there are a bunch of them on the market -- would be a waste of $$ for sure.

The internal tuner in the T_T radios is a good piece of equipment and works
well.  IMHO, worth having in the radio whether you have an external monster
tuner or not.

Grant/NQ5T