[TenTec] Fragile Radios

Steve Berg wa9jml at tbc.net
Thu Sep 13 00:20:42 EDT 2007

I have a really nice Omni V and have never been able to make much use of
the audio filter in the rig. Instead, I use a Autek external filter to
good effect.  Does anyone here know if this could be a problem with
older electrolytic caps? Since I plan to use this rig for many more
years, would it be advisable to recap it like Joe has suggested?  I also
have done this many times with my older boatanchor radios.

Steve WA9JML