[TenTec] corsair paragon II mic pinout?

Thu Sep 13 08:59:37 EDT 2007

What's the power output in TUNE with the Paragon II?  Typically it should be
100 watts +/- 10 watts on all bands.  For SSB the audio gain should be
adjusted so the ALC light blinks frequently on voice peaks.  Different mikes
will have different output levels thus the audio gain will need to be
correctly adjusted for each mike.  Initially I suggest operating the radio
with the PROC off.  If you elect to use the processor, the PROC level should
be adjusted so the meter just peaks up to the black PROC bar and then the
MIC gain adjusted for frequent blinks on the ALC LED indicator.

If you are trying to run the Paragon II on AM you will likely need a scope
to properly adjust the audio.  RF PWR should set the carrier output about 20
to 25 watts.  To get the radio in the AM transmit mode, press the LSB and AM
buttons at the same time.  Otherwise, pressing only the AM button is AM
receive.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message -----
From: "john ferro" <foxbat426 at hotmail.com>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] corsair paragon II mic pinout?

thanks mike, i found out that the shure 444 mic that works with my corsair
also works with my paragon II - so the pinouts are the same - now i have a
different problem - my audio peaks on tha paragon with the shure mic are
much lower than the corsair with the same mic. for instance when i give a
quick whistle into the mic in usb i'm only getting about 80 watts out on the
patagon - even lower on 40 meters. the corsair is over 100 watts - i'm
wondering if the mic has something to do with it, could be that the input
mic impedances between the radios, even though they are both ten tecs are
different - that is what i'm hoping - man i wish i had the paragon manual.>
From: k9mi at sbcglobal.net> To: tentec at contesting.com> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007
03:50:31 +0000> Subject: Re: [TenTec] corsair paragon II mic pinout?> >
John, pin 1 should be mic audio> pin 2 Grnd> pin 3 PTT> Pin 4 +4 volts dc> >
What I have is an Omni V, but I think all 4 pin Ten Tec connections are the
 > same.> > 73 Mike K9MI> > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "john
ferro" <foxbat426 at hotmail.com>> To: <tentec at contesting.com>> Sent: Thursday,
September 13, 2007 00:45> Subject: [TenTec] corsair paragon II mic pinout?>
 > > > hi sorry for the stupid queston, but i don't have a manual for my
paragon II > (anyday now) and i want to see if it transmits - will a corsair
mic work > with a paragon II? or are the pinouts different? when i key my
corsair mic > into the paragon - i hear a relay kick off then when i key
again nothing! > i'm tuning up into AM mode on the paragon II with the rf
power turned way > down. tia, john>