[TenTec] Orion I problem

Bill Ogden wogden at attglobal.net
Thu Sep 13 16:17:55 EDT 2007

My Orion I sometimes appears to not fully switch back into receive mode after I transmit. This usually happens (when it happens) during one of the first transmissions after turning the rig on.  The symptom is like an antenna relay that did not switch back to receive. Transmission is OK at this time (at least according to the SWR readout).  Sometimes it recovers by itself (after a minute or two) and sometimes a power off/power on cycle is needed.

Is there an antenna relay?  (What with excellent QSK functionality, I assume there is not s simple relay involved.)  Is this a common problem?

Bill - W2WO