[TenTec] Spare MPSW01 or TN2219A

Vicens Llario ea3adv at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:48:02 EDT 2007

Dear Gerald

Many thanks for coming back to my message. The original bias transistor used
in the transverter is a MPSW01 capable of 1W power disipation at a high
colector current of 1A. There is not too much room on the PCB to play with
the legs and that is why I am looking for a pin to pin exact replacement.
The original transistor has the EBC pins left to right as you mention. While
looking at the TN2219 datasheet I thought that it was a possible candidate.
I contacted Jameco and the price for 9 pieces is just around $1 but the USPS
shiping they propose is $22. Paul Clinton of Ten Tec Service has come back
with a fair proposal, $1 per transistor plus $6 shiping and handling. I will
decide what to do during the weekend but have not too many options.

Best 72

Vicenç, EA3ADV