[TenTec] high swr for short time - can it do damage?

Mike Brown k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 21 21:24:18 EDT 2007

Unlikely. Do you have a Ten Tec PS? If not, I'd get one. When the rig draws
too much current, it just shuts everything off.  I think there are circuit
breakers for "non TT" power supplies also. But it you can, find a Ten Tec PS
for your rig and you shouldn't have to worry about small blunders like this.
I think a 961 matches your rig but maybe it's the 960. Put the rig back on a
watt meter and you'll more then likely see no damage.

Mike