[TenTec] Omni VI lock problem

Bill Cotter n4lg at qx.net
Sun Sep 23 10:16:32 EDT 2007

Ken,

My first thought would be that if C31 was too far off, none of the
bands would be within range of pll lock. In my case it was the 30M
oscillator that 'hunted'. To correct, rig #1 (6+ circa 98) made the
trip to TT, and they installed the new TXCO on the chassis, on a
bracket. My second 6+ (circa 99) has the TXCO on the board. I
suspect the early oscillator drifted excessively, hence the
external TXCO. Later models had it on board.

73 bill n4lg