[TenTec] PA current control

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Mon Sep 24 00:03:52 EDT 2007

This seems to be a very clear explanation of how it is done, based on actual
analysis of the circuit.

Thus it seems reasonable to accept that this is how it works.

That being so, I wonder why Ten Tec has gone to the trouble of protecting
the Radio (note I don't say the PA) with such a fast acting device ?

Mine on my Corsair I and II have tripped many times due to "cockpit errors"
such as mis-tuning.

This was obviously not a catastrophic failure....so I wonder what actually
was being protected ?

This is not a challenge of the explanation.  Rather, it is a request for
further explanation of why the protection is there and just what is being
protected.

It sounds like I should be able to load up my ground rod at 100 watts and
never hurt the PA.

Hmmmm.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ