[TenTec] Fuses vs. breakers...again

john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com
Mon Sep 24 09:49:38 EDT 2007

"There was a discussion about the relative speeds of circuit breakers
versus fuses on this reflector some time ago. I stated that my gut
feeling was that fuses might very well be much quicker responding, based
on less mass having to move a shorter distance in order for the circuit
to be interrupted. I was told that my gut feeling was wrong, wrong,
wrong. "

Yes, the proper Airpax breakers are faster.    I can't point you to the specs (though a quick
trip to the airpax site would probably get you what you need), but I can tell you first hand,
that my 20A airpax ALWAYS opens to protect a 3A fuse that's in a series leg off the 20A
Airpax....(if that 3A leg is short circuited).

John K5MO