[TenTec] high SWR & airpax breaker (ten tec response)

john ferro foxbat426 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 11:05:52 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I called ten tec this morning and the tech. there told me that an SWR as high as 10:1 for a few minutes (minutes!) would cause no problems for a paragon II. My 6:1 SWR "error" for a second or two is really no concern - when i asked about getting the airpac breaker he told me you could get it, but it really wasn't necessary as the paragon II has overvoltage, overcurrent protection and is fused and has a very robust output. he told me to continue to use my non tentec power supply and never flinched! Don't do this with a Japanese box!  Thanks everyone for your great feedback and discussion.