[TenTec] For Sale: Ten Tec Argonaut V

Kevin Purcell kevinpurcell at pobox.com
Fri Sep 28 17:02:52 EDT 2007

OT ... delete now!

On Sep 28, 2007, at 12:40 PM, ron wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 12:01 -0400, J. Crit Harley, MD, C.Ht. wrote:
>> For Sale: Ten Tec Argonaut V
>>
>> [...]  Shipped
>> to lower 48 for $725 (postal money order only). [...]
>

> "lower 48??"
>
> Ron, wb1hga
> "the 516 is a keeper"

Did this come up here (or QRP-L?) recently? It's an odd phrase (when
you think about it) but it seems in common usage.

Geeks nitpick about it all the time

<http://zurich.ai.mit.edu/hypermail/thinkpad/2004-09/0247.html>

but it has a historical origin (from that brief period when the flag
had 49 stars **)

<http://zurich.ai.mit.edu/hypermail/thinkpad/2004-09/0251.html>

and the whole of that thread.

Obviously were are going to have to force people to use CONUS instead
or perhaps reclaim BC from those pesky VE7's :-)

** (for the humor-impaired) Yes, I know it never did.

--
73 DE N7WIM / G8UDP
Kevin Purcell
kevinpurcell at pobox.com