[TenTec] Serious market overlooked by ham manufacturers

Steve Berg wa9jml at tbc.net
Sun Aug 3 13:41:12 EDT 2008

Out in my garage I have a chassis I made in high school (1965) for
building a 220 megacycle transmitter out of my 1952 Handbook, but it was
never completed.  There was not much activity on the band even then.  I
have thought about building up a transverter for it now, but probably
won't since the VHF bands tend to be dead unless there is a contest on,
DX spots show up on the Internet, or the Hepburn forecast looks really
good.  Even the much more popular 2 meter band is largely just white
noise most of the time.  The hobby is only fun when you can make some
contacts.

73,

Steve WA9JML