[TenTec] FS - Top Ten Devices Band Decoder for Orion

Dick Williams k8ztt at mho.com
Thu Aug 7 22:26:33 EDT 2008

Jim,

I am kind of curious as to why you needed the Top Ten band decoder with the
Orion?

When I had a Yausu FT-1000D and then a Mark V,  I also had one of the Top
Ten decoders to do the same thing you were doing.   Only difference is I am
using three Ameritron RCS-4's and two MFJ 4712's spread out rather than one
(like the DX Engineering unit).

In any case,  when I purchased the Orion, I sold the Top Ten unit because
the Orion has the bands already decoded on the Band Data connector, and I no
longer needed the top ten decoder.