[TenTec] Help me Decide ??

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Fri Aug 8 03:49:47 EDT 2008

I'm casting my vote for the Omni VI. I'd go for a version 3 or a +. I
know there is a microprocessor or two inside it, yet when I operate it,
it does not remind me that it is a computer. It acts like a radio, and I
operate it like a radio. Yes there are a few settings that I change on
rare occasions, which require scrolling through a menu of cryptic
abbreviations. And it interfaces nicely with a PC for logging. Still I
can do everything I want with it in the course of a nice session of
listening or rag chewing, or contesting without using a computer rodent
or keyboard (except for logging), just knobs and buttons, numerical
frequency readout and no "display screen".  That is what I like in a
radio and the Omni VI delivers, with almost as good real RF performance
as the best, latest RF modem equipped computer type rigs.

DE N6KB