[TenTec] Ten-Tec 580 Delta

James C. Owen, III k4cgy_list at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 21:25:27 EDT 2008

  I'm repairing a 580 Delta that I recently purchased for little to nothing since it had lots of problems. Lots of parts fried on the low-level driver board, power switch rewired to switch the incoming 12V ( didn't burn up the switch, amazing), power connector removed and wires soldered directly, and the most idiot mod yet the vfo  center shaft was sawed off and the knob installed on the outer shaft which makes for very fast tuning. After rewiring and replacing all bad parts and rebuilding the VFO it came right up with receiver sensitivity of about 1uv ( should be a little better) and 100 watts out on CW. Tomorrow I will go through a complete tune up and see where I stand. Now the request I have. In working on the Delta, I found I am missing pages 5-14 and 5-15 of my instruction manual. This is the IF amplifier schematic  page and I think the second page of the second mixer. If anyone could email a scanned copy I would appreciate it, or it someone could
 tell me where I could down load a copy. I don't want to buy a new manual from TT for just one page.

73 Jim K4CGY