[TenTec] Paragon DOA after power surge (lightning)

Ken Bessler kg0wx at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 10 00:28:24 EDT 2008

My tower either was hit or nearly hit by lightning tonight. Yes, my Paragon
was disconnected from everything except the power supply. After the strike
I noticed several things out - my router, my server PC, etc. I also noticed
the fan on my MFJ-4035MV power supply (not a switcher) was running 100%.

So, I shut down the power supply and powered it back up. The Paragon
did NOT resume - all I get is a meter light. It was running fine before I shut
down the power supply so I suspect the Geihl ROM chip is not loading.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Anyone have contact info for Jack Geihl? How about
this: Anyone have a ROM chip spare?

73 de Ken KG0WX - Kadiddlehopper #11808,
Flying Pigs #-1055, Grid EM17ip