[TenTec] Jupiter firmware any news????

Kirk.Harding Kirk.harding at cox.net
Wed Aug 13 08:32:52 EDT 2008

George,

I couldn't agree with you more.  I've had my OII for a couple of years and
thought it to be the best I've had.  Earlier this year I purchased a Flex
5000A and in my estimation, find that not only does the F5Ka have more
features it is a far better performer.  Plus, with each new SW release, it
keeps getting better.  I understand that there will soon be a new OII SW
update release.  It certainly seems to me that TenTec has put the OII on the
back burner in favor of others currently produced.  TenTec is sure taking
their time in making available the proposed real time band scope.  I first
heard of this upgrade over a year ago.  The bottom line to my comment is; do
I think the OII is a bad radio?  Not at all.  Would I recommend or buy an
OII today?  Without question, an absolute NO.  Especially since I have the
F5K as a comparison.  TenTec needs to get off their butts and provide the
upgrades we've been told about! Obviously, like a lot of TenTec OII owners,
I'm a little irritated!

Regards

Kirk, K6KAR
Niceville, FL