[TenTec] EMP Product Obsolescence

glhuber at msn.com glhuber at msn.com
Wed Aug 13 08:39:19 EDT 2008

The use of "DC ground" antennas and ATUs (Antenna Tuning Units) usually took
care of the static charge build up. There were significant thermal noise
problems from the oil well fires that frequently caused a QRN problem
similar to Midwest summer thunderstorms as we tried to run phone patches on
Army MARS. Keep in mind that the IRAQ end was usually a 100 W mobile with
whip antenna..... what a challenge!

Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Rd