[TenTec] cabling question re TT 253 tuner

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Fri Aug 15 15:16:46 EDT 2008

Hi Allan,

I suggest you use the best RCA phono cables you can find, or build you
own using RG-58, so that you know what kind of shield they have. I had
some trouble with my 253, which seemed to be RF getting into the keying
loop. The loop passes through a relay in the 253. Unfortunately the
relay is mounted on the same board as the SWR bridge in the 253, and
very close to the bridge. Even with the best cables, there is likely to
be some coupling of TX RF into the keying loop, because of the proximity
on that board. I thought about adding a shield of some sort between the
keying loop and the SWR bridge. Still have not tried it and still have
not fixed that problem in my 253.

Check out :
> http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2003-09/msg00429.html
DE N6KB