[TenTec] OT: Ground Radials at Tower Base

Billy Cox aa4nu at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 16 14:45:10 EDT 2008

Hi Ron,

We are not that far apart ... the key is as you mentioned,
"special design considerations" ... that's the important piece.

Otherwise we end up with 'ham lore' that seems to think
that 2 elevated radials equals 100 in the ground. Not so.

QSL on the modeling software, that's been another challenge
in the past as to accuracy, now we have better tools.

73 de Billy, AA4NU