[TenTec] Trade FT-1000MP MKV

Andrew B. Steen n2gff at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 24 08:49:13 EDT 2008

Hello Bob.  I don't know how you have your MK V set up filter wise, but I
have both an Orion II, and a MK V.  With all optional filters (all Inrad +
roofing filter in MK V) in both rigs, I honestly like both.  The Orion II
has a steep learning curve, but once mastered, is a great rig.  The other
advantage of the Orion is the software updates that keep it new.  I won't
part with either rig.  I can switch between them with just one switch, so I
can compare signals instantly. Sometimes the Mk V (on CW) outperforms the
Orion, and vise versa.  If you can afford the Orion II without the trade, I
would hang on to both.
Regards, Andrew K6STN