[TenTec] Omni VII Ethernet Connection

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sat Aug 30 15:05:31 EDT 2008

I finally got around to reading the review of the Omni VII in the May
CQ.  The ethernet connection got me thinking. Apparently, it supplies
VoIP which contains digitized audio. Is that audio good enough to use
for computer digital modes (i.e. PSK31) without a computer soundcard?

I realize there are transmission delay issues going over the internet,
but over a home network or connected directly to a computer (via a
crossover cable), those shouldn't be an issue.

Mark