[TenTec] Corsair II

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Mon Dec 1 12:15:05 EST 2008

> I own a Corsair II, and have never heard the noise you have described.
> It runs off a Samlux SEC1223 power supply.   I find it interesting
> that questions like these are addressed to the group because on the
> few occasions when I have had an Issue with my rig, I called Ten Tec
> support, and they were very helpful, and it was free. I suggest you
> give them a call.   Regards,   David

I suspect that one of the reasons people ask here is because this is
a users group & a lot if not most of the people here enjoy the
equipment and are able to share easy answers and some solutions to
what are otherwise quirky issues. Part of what makes groups like this
one strong is inter-communication and sharing between fellow users.
It's fun to be able to make someone's day better by offering a
solution, no matter how basic that answer might be to me.

That certainly applies to why I freely ask here for suggetions &
advice but in addition, I try not to call tentec to ask about the
things I can otherwise get an answer to. Every tech that talks to me
takes them away from a job they are doing for someone and the tech
gets paid but it costs TenTec for every answer they give.

After running my sole proprietorship and doing an accounting for
where time spent adds up to lost dollars, I try not to lower anyones
bottom line unless it's within reason, unavoidable.

Gary
KA1J