[TenTec] Corsair II thump

Paul DeWitte kb9lie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:13:08 EST 2008

I did a bit of playing with the sidetone adjustments. That did nothing to
help.

I have been using an Astron SS30M power supply with a breaker in line. I
tried a 962 TT supply and the noise is less.

The thump is gone on the dit side, but still there on the dash side, but
less pronounced than before.

So yes it is probably voltage related. I will try different wiring on the
Astron supply and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks to all who replied and offered suggestions.

Still a great radio and easier to listen to than my Omni VI+ for long
periods of time.

73 Paul K9OT