[TenTec] Tentec 544 (Triton IV) For Sale

Rick Tilton wk4r at charter.net
Thu Dec 4 08:27:48 EST 2008

Hello all,

I have a Tentec 544 (Sometimes better known as a Triton IV) for sale.  This
radio works GREAT in every respect "Except" one thing.  The display is not
working properly.  It was sold to me by a ham out of Ga as being 100% with
NO problems.  You make your own conclusions.  He even included a typed
letter how he hated to part with the rig, etc.  I am the second owner as he
did buy it new.  It is serial # 544-1541.  I have the original manual, no
microphone and no box.

As you know this radio has very high ratings on eham reviews.  It covers 10,
15,20, 40 & 80m.  It is a full transistor radio and was a radio ahead of its
time if you do research on it.  I did find it helpful to read the manul for
operation for a couple of things.   It was considered one of Tentecs better
low end radios.  From what I understand the display probably has problems
with a few transistors possibly.  I am not a technician but if I knew the
bad parts and had them I could install them.   I am HF poor at the moment
and do not need the radio any longer.  I am ready to part with it even
though I did use it as it is for a few weeks.  It has a great receiver!   So
if there is a special person out there who needs this radio for old times
sake I am at your disposal.   I am asking $175 shipped and insured to your
location in the continental US.

73,

Rick WK4R