[TenTec] OT Florescent Ballast's

CSM(r) Gary Huber glhuber at msn.com
Tue Dec 9 08:42:06 EST 2008

My experiences < http://www.csm-gh.com/projects.htm > have been similar to the fire station scenario Ken. We were expected to provide two way radio and paging (two way paging like Blackberry) throughout the building campus including basements, mechanical rooms, general office and executive spaces. However the building was constructed as a complex of Faraday shielded boxes; metal floor pans, foil backed ceiling tiles, foil backed wall coverings or sheet rock, and metallic oxide glass. Signal ingress / egress was so difficult that one group of buildings required 8,000 feet of Radiax® and sixteen bi-directional gain block amplifiers feeding roof top antennas.

And while there was a requirement for the radio system (first Motorola Harmony) for Security, Maintenance, Logistics to communicate, the Computing department's security group wanted NO signal egress or electro-magnetic radiation. Just because its called wireless, does NOT mean there's no wires or cables!

Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Rd
Bloomington, IL 61705