[TenTec] Corsair II & Titan connections

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Wed Dec 10 15:34:28 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 06:45 -0600, CSM(r) Gary Huber wrote:
> Tim (and all others with this problem), I have the Ten-Tec provided mod
> to provide the keying loop QSK capability on the back panel of Corsair
>  IIs. I sent it to the group last night as a PDF attachment but it is
>  being held for the moderator due to its size.  While it shows less
> than 500k on my drive, its reported as over 6M by the group's attachment
> regulator.  If the email and attachment is not released shortly,
> contact me directly with the subject "Corsair-QSK" and I will send you
> the mod direct.
>
> Best regards,
>
> CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
> 9679 Heron Bay Rd
> Bloomington, IL 61705
> (309-662-0604)
> www.csm-gh.com
> glhuber at msn.com
> gary.huber at us.army.mil

E-mail attachments are sent using only the printable character set so
are recoded in base 64 which makes them take up many more bytes than the
binary file. Its most effective to post such a file on a publiclly
accessible server and then put the link to that file and server in your
e-mail. That way I won't take 45 minutes to download that e-mail at
28.8K when I don't need it bad. I think most mail list servers these
days limit attachments to only a few K as a measure of combatting
s*p*a*m. When I detect a large attachment, I can sometimes go to my
isp's web mail page and down load that way, but one of my isp's times
out at about 3.5 MB download and there's nothing that can be done about
it except to go find a faster connection in town and download to my
thumb drive.

Attachment size limits are there to keep from swamping the mail list
server's available bandwidth and to keep out graphics based s*p*a*m.

73, Jerry, K0CQ