[TenTec] Omni 6 Opt-3 gaining power out

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Wed Dec 17 23:15:54 EST 2008

Hi Jeff,
>  The day the internal meter started showing me 60 watts is the same time the external meters started showing me 125 watts, The rig use to show around 98 watts all the time. Any idea what’s up?

Are you sure the load has not changed? Different power readings from
meters at different distances from the load is a clue that there may be
standing waves. Do you get the same indications using a reliable 50 ohm
non-inductive termination. Make sure all of the cables you are using are
still good, and check it out with a quality termination.

DE N6KB