[TenTec] Lone voice in the wind

N4PY n4py at arrl.net
Sat Dec 20 17:21:26 EST 2008

The program has a frequency calibration procedure.  You run this procedure
at 10 mhz.  Once the error at 10 mhz is determined, the error at all other
frequencies can be computed.  When you run diversity mode with my program,
the Orion is not put into diversity mode.  Instead, the program sends the
same frequency to both VFO's to control both receivers, but these
frequencies are adjusted to compensate for the error in the 2 receivers.  So
the main receiver will get a correction for how much it is off in true
frequency, and the sub-receiver will get a slightly different correction to
match it to the main receiver.  The display on the Orion will not exactly
match the program display, but the program display will be exact and the
radio display will differ by a few hertz depending on its error.  The whole
trick is to perform the calibrate procedure very accurately.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635