[TenTec] FS: Hercules 444 and Omni V.9

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Dec 22 15:32:57 EST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:17:59 -0500, Speer, Doug wrote:

>I ended up with two Hercules 444 amps.  I have run
>them daily and run them hard in contest and find the units to be pretty
>robust amplifiers.  Of course if I loose the finals the unit will either
>become land fill or as someone commented, a science project.

I have one of these amps to sell. It is in excellent shape, works
perfectly, very clean. I'm the guy who used the words "science project."
Asking $450. It's too heavy to ship. I'm in Santa Cruz, CA, 70 miles S of
SF, and will drive a reasonable distance to meet someone halfway.

This is a VERY robust amplifier. It was built when we were licensed for 1kW
INPUT power, and it was rated for that. My Bird says 700W out, but given
that there are no replacement finals, I run it at 500W. It has excellent
protection circuits, and they work very well.

I'm the second owner. I bought it about 4 years ago when I was living in
Chicago, and picked it up from the original owner, a W9 near South Bend who
used it every day on SSB.

I also have an Omni V.9 (with N4PY chip installed). This is also a two-
owner radio. I bought it in 2003 and picked it up from a ham in northern
Ohio who writes for CQ Magazine. This radio is also in great shape, and
loaded with Ten Tec filters (there's a filter in every position). It works
full QSK with the Hercules 444. I'm asking $700 with all the filters, a
Shure 444 desk mic, a computer interface cable for both rig control and
sending CW, and the original manual. I will ship this radio to the US.

Will sell only to a licensed ham.

73,

Jim K9YC