[TenTec] Repair history for Orion

John K Gotwals john at gotwals.com
Tue Dec 23 12:25:32 EST 2008

Listed below is the repair history for my Orion. I have been very happy with
Ten-Tec's service, but I am curious if my service history for my Orion
approximates the experiences of others.

Orion purchased new from factory in August, 2005
Replaced fried logic board components in March, 2007
Replaced bad capacitors on power distribution board in July, 2007
Replaced bad display and bw encoder in December, 2008

Luckily it is only a one-hour drive from my house to Ten-Tec, so I did not
need to go through the pain of packing  and unpacking the Orion for shipment
by carrier.

Does this repair history seem about right for an electronic unit as complex
as an Orion? I should mention that my operating environment has sometimes
been in an rf-hot environment.

John, N9JG