[TenTec] Omni V upgrade

Scott Sheppard scottsheppard at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 31 13:26:40 EST 2008

Please pardon a post that could have easily been made over 10 yrs
ago...as with all areas of Ham Radio I am boldly forging into the
80's...

Having just replaced the old chip in the omni V with Carl's V.92 chip I
must say I am truly impressed. The biggest feature for me is the ability
to zero in the VFO.

That said, it would seem TT no longer has any replacement buttons for
the clear enter or shift function so I will have to improvise. Has
anyone come up with a better alternative? I am thinking a fine
resurfacing of the button and then repainting the letters on...has
anyone tried this?

As well, what control software is the most popular for this omni v
application?

Kind regards and happy new year...

scott VA3IED