[TenTec] Jupiter w A/T ettings for Digital(PSK31) Communications

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Fri Feb 1 00:56:52 EST 2008

I imagine Jerry is right.

But my comment is that high power at ALC limit levels is not needed or
desirable in PSK.

As most here already know, it is regular practice to operate with only a
very modest power output.

It is common for people to see 5 or 6 discrete signals in the passband, and
click on each one in turn and work each one, without re-tuning.

Someone who comes on at high power, just blots out a wider swath of spectrum
and forces people to move apart and waste the space.

Especially during a contest, this is most undesirable.

Its true that one can crank in all kinds of filters.  But the running of
high power is still poor practice.

Besides we all remember that we are to run the lowest power needed at all
times, right ?  :)

73 de Gary, AA2IZ