[TenTec] ORION II CW pile up readability

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Sat Feb 2 13:55:00 EST 2008

Wayne:  My experience is very much like yours.  I listened for quite a while
last night in a CW pile-up on 40 using different combinations of RF gain, AF
gain, pre-amp, attenuation and NR.  About the only special situation I found
was when a single signal is very weak and in the noise, dropping the RF gain
until the noise drops a few dB makes the signal easier to copy.
        Ron N6IE
      www.N6IE.com