[TenTec] ORION II CW pile up readability related question

Al Gelders agelders at lightspeed.net
Mon Feb 4 14:46:16 EST 2008

Having followed this thread from end to end I spent the weekend trying
various combinations of AF/RF gain on my Omni VII.  I ended up turning
up the AF gain, turning on the preamp and using the RF gain to control
output.  On 20M I ended up having to turn on noise reduction to 9.  At
that point I thought I might be getting a bit of improvement but I
haven't spent enough time to be sure.

So, has anybody spent enough time with the Omni VII to suggest the best
combination of all of these parameters?
Thanks, Al KI6NRE.