[TenTec] Omni V Maximum voltage

Rick Denney rick at rickdenney.com
Tue Feb 5 23:41:55 EST 2008

Bob McGraw - K4TAX writes...

> But....... we are speaking of a very old Motorola repeater power supply that
> operated at nearly a constant current with little concern for ripple due to
> the FM mode.

Note that I started with the (stated) assumption that the supply put
out a stable 20 amps of current. For me, "stable" means "clean" as
well as "consistent". If it can't do that, then supplies that do
aren't so expensive as to be worth fighting a poor one, it seems to
me.

But if the supply is clean and the only problem is high voltage, a
power rectifier will drop the voltage a bit.

Putting it on a scope is the only way to assess how clean it is.

Rick, KR9D

---
Richard W. Denney, Jr. PE|Iteris, Inc.
Associate Vice President |107 Carpenter Dr. Ste 230 |    703.925.3819
rwd at iteris.com           |Sterling, VA 20164        |Fax 703.471.1757