[TenTec] reset

John T. Fleming W3GQJ at embarqmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:22:06 EST 2008

John,

I hope you enjoyed your drinks! :-}

Here are the instructions that used to be on the Tec-Tec site for when you
screen went blank.  It is for the Orion I, Orion Jr. or just plain Orion.

-------------------------

Orion firmware version 1.363 implements a new RAM-CLEAR feature that can be
used to recover the radio in the event of a memory scramble. This can happen
when the USER settings are not cleared after a firmware upgrade that changes
the memory layout.
This action will clear USER settings, Memories and Recordings.

To Activate the RAM-CLEAR feature.

1) PRESS and HOLD the VFOB-LCK button while turning on the radio.

2) WAIT until the BATTERY FAILURE message appears on the screen.

3) Answer YES when 'Clear User Memories?' appears on the screen.

4) Answer YES when 'Reset Optional Filters?' appears on the screen.

5) When radio screen appears, turn radio OFF and back ON.

Following items discussed on the list, I think it also applies to the Orion
II.

73,
John