[TenTec] OT:: Test Comcast is at it again

Mon Feb 11 08:22:00 EST 2008

I've had issues in the past with Comcast blocking my mail, both that being
sent and received.  Further investigation concluded that Comcast' method was
blocking entire E-Mail servers.  Their reason given, "due to spam being
generated from the server".  How lame.  A work-a-round was found by our ISP
and that was to configure the server as and "authenticated" mail server.
This does require a slight configuration change with the user's e-mail
program.  Once this was done, then the issues subsided.

Frankly, I think the approach by Comcast to block entire servers is somewhat
childish an rather unprofessional.  I suggest that the ISP operators simply
turn the tables and ban all Comcast servers.  That would allow Comcast users
to only communicate with only Comcast users, therefore not receiving mail
nor sending mail to others.  This being done, I think Comcast would come to
their senses rather promptly.  After all, it is the same method as the
Comcast approach to solving the issue so working it in reverse seems
reasonable.  In practice, doubtful.

73
Bob, K4TAX