[TenTec] Frequency Misalignment Between VFO A and VFO B

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 18 08:32:23 EST 2008

For some  time, I've noticed what seemed to be a very slight
frequency misalignment between VFO A and VFO B when in the binaural
mode (A in one ear and B in the other).

On my O II it's noticeable even in the noise as what sounds like a
beat note in stereo phasing when both VFOs are tuned to the same
frequency. Last night, I chased this down and found that VFO B is
about 6 Hz lower in frequency that VFO A. This isn't a terribly big
deal, but is there a way to align the two, or are the master
oscillators different so that the two drift around slightly as a
matter of course?

Kim Elmore, N5OP