[TenTec] OMNI V Computer Hookup?

John Huffman hjohnc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 11:20:41 EST 2008

The OMNI V had very little software to support it's computer command
set.  I never even found a logger to work with it.

However, if you get the Omni V.9 chip from N4PY it will emulate an Icom
and work with most, if not all, programs.  You get the 'get' and 'set'
commands for frequency and mode, which are all you need for most logging
and contest software.

It's not a radio that lends itself to full computer control.  Too few
commands over a slow interface.

73 de K1ESE
John