[TenTec] O2_dreps_top_spot

RaySoifer at cs.com RaySoifer at cs.com
Mon Feb 18 12:23:21 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/18/2008 4:28:11 AM GMT Standard Time,
RMcGraw at Blomand.net writes:
> We are also getting on the edge of repeatable measurement accuracy and
> performance that can vary from radio to radio from the same build due to
> normal component tolerance and alignment accuracy.

Looking at the Sherwood results, one would have to declare a virtual tie
between the Orion II and the T-Flex 5000A, since individual radios from the same
build would vary at least as much as that.  The results would also depend on
the software being run with the open-source T-Flex, which Sherwood didn't
specify.

The K3, however, seems a clear step above both, at least in the tests hat
Sherwood ran.  However, his O II test was run in April 2006, long before the
current version of the firmware.  I wonder what a current test would show.

73 Ray W2RS