[TenTec] OMNI VI Chirp Report

N4YG n4yg at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 19:19:36 EST 2008

To answer Carl's question, there is a problem with keying, but I would not call it chirp. I do not hear a change in frequency across the cw dot or dash. I do not like the sound of what I hear. It does not have a clear musical sound that I would like to hear. Also, I would like the keying to be a bit sharper, that is, I would like the leading edge to rise a bit faster.

What am I going to do? Well I have the version 1.02 logic EPROM on the way from Ten Tec. I will try it. If I like it, that will be the end of the matter for me. If I do not like it? Well I will am not sure what I will do.

Thanks to all,
Joe, N4YG