[TenTec] Live and Learn

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 23 16:01:58 EST 2008

Let me start out by saying this is not a flame to anyone.

I have done some swaps, sells and buys on the internet as well for a few years now. I have not had a bad deal yet and hope not to
have one.

I saw a good deal on a 6meter all mode rig (abt 200) just the other day, was going to buy it and the guy said sorry it was just
sold, then an ad appeared for the same exact rig with the same exact accessories, placed by someone else (the buyer?) for 400.00

My biggest problem anymore, is finding a website of peoples listings where the price listed by someone is not trying to knock my
head off. I am not in business to swap, buy and sell, just a hobby looking for equipment I can afford, and I dont mean something for
nothing.

However, I always follow the procedure of:
 looking up the call sign
 research the price on ebay
 research the rig on eham reviews
 if in doubt ask on a reflector related to that brand
 dont deal with anyone who doesn't have a call sign
 ask for a phone number
 call and talk to the person
 and then consummating the deal or not

I have also had some ebay deals and all of them went well also.

This seems to work well for me. I have used Paypal, money order, check and cash with no problems at all with any of the deals.
Paypal I prefer because it is much easier to do shipping from the country out here where I live. I do the shipping online and have a
pickup scheduled within the next few days. UPS or whoever, comes picks it up and it is delivered.

My two cents.

Bob AD5VJ