[TenTec] Omni V Opinions

Michael Brown k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 24 00:16:47 EST 2008

Mike, it is no doubt a good rig. There are at least 2 versions of the N4PY
chip. The V.9 calls for some modifications in the rig. If you are
comfortable with that, then you're good to go. I was not, but when Carl came
out with V.92, it is simple. The only thing you change on the inside is the
chip, and change stickers on the outside for their new functions. I had no
problem with that, but if it's the V.9, be sure an get a copy of the V.9 txt
file that states what all has to be done. The V.92 made some great
enhancements (to me anyway) but the V.9 .txt file talked about work that I
personally didn't want to get in to.

73, Mike K9MI