[TenTec] Power supplies

Mon Feb 25 21:18:39 EST 2008

First let me say I do not have my manuals at the desk, they are at the shop.
Now then, I recall the 962 has a different over voltage protection circuit.
Both supplies have over current trip at 22 amps.  As to regulation of the
negative lead vs. the positive lead, that's just a difference in regulator
methodology.  Also, I recall the bridge rectifier was hard wired on the 961
where it was PC board mounted on the 962.  They both have a pair of RCA
jacks on the back that supply 13.8 volts @ 3 amps to power aux equipment,
etc.  Current rating of both supplies is 25 amps.

As to value, there are both models listed on the most recent and current
Tentec Used Equipment list.
MISC:
238 2kW antenna tuner.  Cosmetic match for Paragon's/Omni V/Omni VI
series transceivers $425
961 25 amp power supply/speaker console for Paragon's/Omni V/Omni VI
series transceivers $175
962 25 amp power supply/speaker console for Paragon's/Omni V/Omni VI
series transceivers $175

Their phone # is 865-453-7172

73
Bob, K4TAX